Monday 10 May 2010

1. Harmonica Calow.





Picked some words out the pot – Harmonica and Calow. I went through some exploring with this one, I found out Calow was an old mining town in Derbyshire... The word was meant to be ‘Callow’ (To be immature) but my flatmate is a rubbish speller. So I thought I'd go down the mining town route. I drew out some pictures of Miners (not Minors...) I then went on to Colliery bands as I like the uniforms and I think they are an interesting part of British mining culture. After drawing out some different colour costumes I thought about incorporating Harmonica into it. I thought that making the character a Harmonica player was a bit of a cop out - that and miner bands are Brass bands and It would be unfeasible. I thought about the wonderful shape that harmonicas are and after drawing some outline drawings I saw it was a head shape... After some sketching around I created a pretty sweet head shape and thus came the character design.

No comments:

Post a Comment